Here is a list of eight ways to raise your popularity. In the comments section, feel free to add any ideas of your own.
1. Post as often as possible. Make your blog entries become a permanent fixture in your readers’ lives. There is something be said for consistency.
2. Add links to some of the old blogs within a new blog. Invariably, you will write about a similar subject to one you wrote about in the past. Connect your older blog with your new one and you will certainly add page views.
3. Use images. Whenever you can, add images, videos, infographics – anything that will attract the eyes of people scanning through pages of information. The image will grab them, and great writing will keep them.
4. Answer all comments people post on your blog. Also, comment on other blogs. This increases your credibility.
5. Give timely and useful information. A blog that says nothing has no reason to be read. Relate big news items like the election, hurricanes, sports victories or other popular trending topics to your blog.
6. Write a great headline. Sometimes the headline is an afterthought. Make sure your headline is as engaging as the rest of the blog.
7. You have a sense of humor – use it! Even if you are writing about a serious topic, being clever and witty will keep people reading.
8. Don’t forget other social media! This probably should have been the first thing on the list. Spread your wealth of information all over the internet. Use Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google+ and all of the bookmarking sites to get as many viewers as possible.